It has been a fantastic start to the Chilean Forward’s career since he swapped the Camp Nou for the Emirates in the Summer, Alexis Sanchez has been the name on the lips of the Arsenal faithful for weeks now and is in a rich vain of form.
Sanchez who is nicknamed “El Nino Maravilla” back in his homeland which translates as the wonder boy, which you could easily argue is perfect for the quality he possesses. The Chile international scored again on Wednesday night as Arsenal saw off Jurgen Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund side and clinched qualification from Champions League Group D, Arsenal are only two points behind the German side with just one round of games remaining in the group stages.
The former Barcelona man has settled quicker than some expected and has become the first name on Wenger’s team sheet, his importance can not be underestimated. He has the qualities that every team that have any ambition require. The Chilean is tenacious, quick, skillful and unrelenting in his work rate and this is something that was infectious in Arsenal’s latest performance.
Sanchez completed a move in the Summer for a fee in the region of £33 million and saw him replaced at the Nou Camp by fellow South American Forward Luis Suarez for £75 million.
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey believes Sanchez has what it takes to be a success long term.
“With the South American players, it is sort of bred into them to work hard, he is no different to any of the other players like Suarez or Aguero, so we are grateful to have him in our team.
“He gives 100 per cent – everybody is at it in training all the time. We like to train hard. He works hard for the team and when he gets an opportunity to score, he scores. we are grateful to have him in our team.
“It took him a couple of games to get into it, but he has not stopped scoring since. The thing which has impressed me most about him is his work-rate off the ball. It is always nice when the team is scoring goals, at the moment, he is doing it.
It is easy to make comparisons between Sanchez, Suarez and Aguero but how do they stack up statistically?
|Alexis Sanchez||Luis Suarez||Sergio Aguero|
As you can see from these stats Sanchez is more than a match for his fellow South Americans.
The Chilean is expected to keep his place for the visit to West Bromwich Albion for tomorrow’s 12.45 kick off at the Hawthorns and it would not be surprising to see Alexis making the headlines once more.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups