So the waiting is almost over everywhere I have seen there is an overwhelming confidence heading into this FA Cup final where we will take the field against Hull City who we have beaten comfortably on both occasions this season 2-0 and 3-0 respectively. It is very important that we are not complacent after all we have been here before. No-one can forget the calamity of 2011 which saw our squad who were overwhelming favourites going into the Carling Cup final against Birmingham City. It was billed as a “given” that this would end the 6 year wait for silverware. Our players just did not turn up that day whether it be bad preparation, arrogance or just a lack of desire it was not our day.
This “should” finally be an end to our 9 year long drought but as we know by now anything can happen to quote Greavsie “it’s a funny ol’ game” . With Hull City missing their danger men Nikola Jelavic and Shane Long the chances of an upset are long but not impossible. The players mindset has to be 100% right we have earned a reputation of bottling on the big occasion it is time for the current squad to stand up and be counted.
I am in two minds on how to look at this season, it has been a frustrating campaign leading for longest period of any team for a total of 128 days at the top and to almost just give it away is quite unforgivable, but if you were to say to me before the start of the season that we would finish 7 points off the top, a champions league spot for next season and a cup (all being well tomorrow evening) just like Luis Suarez I would have bit your hand off.
It is of paramount importance we capitalise on an under strength Hull City and bring the FA Cup home it is pure and simple, this would no doubt breed much confidence going into the Summer. The repercussions for Arsene Wenger don’t bare thinking about (well for him). His position would surely be indefensible.
So let’s recap if we do what everyone and their dog predicts you would have to admit this season has ended as successful and has undoubtedly been progressive but failure can not be an option or heads should roll.
thanks for reading.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes