Arsenal are moving in for Lorient centre-half Laurent Koscielny (24).
Speaking to “the sun”, Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger said:
“There has been an approach for Koscielny and there still is one.”
Arsenal has already made an £8million bid for the player but the French club are holding out for more.
Koscielny, spoke out last week asking for Lorient to let him go, and Wenger insisted the Gunners are still in the hunt to sign him.
Wenger who recently said that there will be something happening before the end of the World Cup, “certainly on the defensive side.”
Wenger wants Koscielny to partner Thomas Vermaelen at the heart of the Arsenal defence for next season, and its would seem that a deal is only days away.
So what do we know about Laurent Koscielny?
|Full name||Laurent Koscielny|
|Date of birth||10 September 1985 (1985-09-10) (age 24)|
|Place of birth||Tulle, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
Koscielny began his career at En Avant de Guingamp where he played primarily as a Right full-back.
After joining Tours FC in 2007 we was converted into a central defender, and in the 2008–09 season he scored 5 goals in 34 games.
In May 2009, the UNFP named Koscielny in Ligue 2’s best XI for 2008–09. On 16 June 2009, FC Lorient signed Koscielny on a four-year contract for around 1.5 million euros.
Koscielny is also eligible to play for France & Poland due to his Polish roots.Koscielny has decided to apply for Polish citizenship but as yet, has not made a decision on which country he will represent.
Want to debate this more? Join our forum – www.arsenalaction.com
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight