Wenger is facing a selection dilemma against Burnley, especially in the area of striker. 1. Bendtner would be pissed if he got benched after getting a brace, 2. Arshavin has been the most impressive player of all the games he’s played in 3. RvP would be pissed if he got benched twice in a row 4. Eduardo’s coming back, he needs more games.
I think that we definitely have to start Bendtner. You can’t bench a 20 year old who has confidence problems after he just scored a brace, even if it was against a shit team. I think Arshavin has earned a well deserved break, so we’ll leave him on the bench, alongside Eduardo. So Bendtner and RvP to start up front. I always liked them together, and they have combined well for nice goals over the few times they have played together.
The defense picks it self: Clichy-Gallas-Djourou-Sagna. And Wenger said he would mix up the midfield, so I’ll say
So I think this will be our formation:
Bench: Almunia, Eboue, Song, Denilson, Nasri, Arshavin, Eduardo
I think it will be interesting to see how Ramsey and Diaby do together in the center, but if things play out right, we might have a decent partnership on our hands with that. I don’t think they’ve ever played together those two. The defense should be fine, another clean sheet I’d say. I think that the pace of Vela and Walcott will be too much for these guys, but the key will be the strikers.
I think Bendtner will definitely continue his good form from West Brom, however it maybe difficult for van Persie, who I think is struggling to decide between a center forward and a playmaker position. As a play maker he slows things down, which is not what Wenger wants, and as a center forward he can score, just not every time, because he will always go for power over presicion. I will be keeping an eye on van Persie, he’s an amazing talent and brilliant asset to the club, but I don’t think he has found his permanent role yet.
Anyways, I say 4-0 to the Arsenal.
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison