Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has given his thoughts as the club enters the decisive phase of the transfer window.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with midfielders like Houssem Aouar and Thomas Partey this summer but they have not been able to agree on a deal for either player.
With time running out, the club will have to make some key decisions in the next three days.
Arteta claims that the window could define his side’s season and it will be interesting to see if the club hierarchy can deliver him the players he needs.
Speaking to the media during his pre-match presser, Arteta said: “I think it is a crucial moment because the end [of the window] defines the people, the players, the balance and the quality that you are going to have, probably, for the rest of the season.
“So we need to make some decisions in the next three days. I think everything has been delayed so much. It is not only us but also probably every team because of the context we are in at the moment.
“But we will try to make the best possible decisions and at the end whatever we have, we go for it fully convinced and prepared to have a good season.”
The Gunners are in desperate need of a playmaker and Aouar would be a sensational signing. He would add creativity, flair and imagination to Arsenal’s play.
Dani Ceballos changed the game for Arsenal when he came on against Liverpool in the last Premier League game and Arsenal need that craft in their starting lineup.
As for Partey, they could use a physical presence as well and the Atletico Madrid ace would be an ideal fit.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight