Watford will be returning to the Premier League next season, and they are keen on signing Arsenal forward Eddie Nketiah, as per a report from the Mirror.
The Englishman endured a difficult campaign and despite scoring six goals, opportunities have been limited due to the presence of Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in front of him.
According to the Mirror, with the striker’s contract set to end in the summer of 2022, the Hornets are interested in bringing him to Vicarage Road. The Gunners would want a fee of around £15m, to let him go.
The report also states that the newly promoted club are looking to tempt Nketiah away from the Emirates stadium as they can offer him more first-team football. The north Londoners will be looking to sell the youngster instead of letting him leave on a free transfer next season.
It would hurt to see an academy graduate move away from the Gunners, but this would be a deal that is beneficial for all parties involved. The Hornets will get a striker capable who is capable of finding the back of the net on a regular basis.
The Gunners will get a decent fee for a player who might leave on a free next year. And as for the youngster, it is a chance to restart his career and show everyone his true potential. Getting regular game time at the Emirates won’t be possible due to the presence of senior forwards. At the age of 22, the Englishman should be playing week-in week-out which would happen at Watford.
And making the move would not be that difficult as the Hornets are very close to north London. This should be another factor that will tempt the striker. The sale of talents of such as Nketiah can go a long way in helping them strengthen other areas of the squad.
- Arsenal players expected to feature in the 2022 World Cup
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions