Following another FA Cup success it is expected that Arsene Wenger will look to bring in 3 or 4 new faces and no more to the Arsenal squad for next season, this is dependent on the quality that is available. He has already gone someway to refuting any ideas that he will be spending the sort of money that Juventus’ Paul Pogba would fetch for, but the money is there if the board and Wenger see fit to spend it.
The issue of Theo Walcott‘s contract will be a big talking point going into this Summer, following his opening Wembley goal there will be many suitors for the England winger if Arsenal are unable to convince the forward to sign a contract extension to his current deal that ends next Summer. It has been widely reported that Walcott will be seeking assurances on his position within this Arsenal squad as well as the frequency of playing time, this is quite standard for a player at this stage of his football career.
One option for Arsenal if contract negotiations go south is the availability of Colombian Jackson Martinez who have been told by club FC Porto that he will be allowed to leave for the right price, Martinez has a release clause of £24.7 million and would fit the bill at the Emirates. The 28 year old can play either side of a front three as well as being a more than effective target man. It is believed that Martinez is also a big Arsenal fan which would mean the player would not take much convincing in making a switch to the Emirates.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups