Southampton’s 23 year old midfielder has impressed this season alongside France’s Morgan Schneiderlin and has admitted “it would nice to join Arsenal” this Summer, many expect the Kenyan International to leave St. Mary’s this season for Champions League football.
The midfielder claimed in April “(Arsene) Wenger has been talking about me. He has let it be known he would like to sign me this summer”.
Wanyama has re-iterated his desire to move to the Emirates.
‘It would be nice to move to Arsenal,’ he told Kenyan TV. ‘But at this moment such decisions can only be made by Southampton and that is where my concentration as a player is.’
It seems that signing a midfielder is high on Arsene Wenger’s agenda this Summer with thearsenal club being heavily linked with Geoffrey Kondogbia and Arturo Vidal in the last few days. It would not be a surprise if Wenger was also interested in Wanyama as he showed an interest in the Kenyan before his move to Southampton from Celtic in 2013.
Wanyama is the kind of midfielder that Arsenal have lacked for a while now, he is one of the most physical midfielders in the league much like Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic.
The Kenyan has made 26 appearances this season and played an important part in Southampton securing a well earned European place for next season.
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros