Southampton’s 23 year old midfielder has impressed this season alongside France’s Morgan Schneiderlin and has admitted “it would nice to join Arsenal” this Summer, many expect the Kenyan International to leave St. Mary’s this season for Champions League football.
The midfielder claimed in April “(Arsene) Wenger has been talking about me. He has let it be known he would like to sign me this summer”.
Wanyama has re-iterated his desire to move to the Emirates.
‘It would be nice to move to Arsenal,’ he told Kenyan TV. ‘But at this moment such decisions can only be made by Southampton and that is where my concentration as a player is.’
It seems that signing a midfielder is high on Arsene Wenger’s agenda this Summer with thearsenal club being heavily linked with Geoffrey Kondogbia and Arturo Vidal in the last few days. It would not be a surprise if Wenger was also interested in Wanyama as he showed an interest in the Kenyan before his move to Southampton from Celtic in 2013.
Wanyama is the kind of midfielder that Arsenal have lacked for a while now, he is one of the most physical midfielders in the league much like Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic.
The Kenyan has made 26 appearances this season and played an important part in Southampton securing a well earned European place for next season.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups