Arsenal.com have today confirmed that Robin Van Persies ankle injury sustained playing for Holland is far worst then first diagnosed. Van Persie returned to Arsenal this week and a scan confirmed that the ankle that was first suggested that would keep him out for upto 4 weeks will now need surgery to reconstruct his ligaments. Arsenal’s medical team anticipate that a full recovery will take between four and five months.” And out of the rest of the season.
Its a massive blow to Arsenal and to Van Persie who was on fire scoring 8 goals this season.
We at www.arsenalaction.com would like to wish Robin a speedy recovery
Arsenal now MUST sign a striker in Jan if they want to push forward and win the league.
Marouane Chamakh? Mario Balotelli?
Or will Vela and Eduardo fill the gap?
Join the forum and have your say on this and more ( HERE )
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight