Arsenal.com have today confirmed that Robin Van Persies ankle injury sustained playing for Holland is far worst then first diagnosed. Van Persie returned to Arsenal this week and a scan confirmed that the ankle that was first suggested that would keep him out for upto 4 weeks will now need surgery to reconstruct his ligaments. Arsenal’s medical team anticipate that a full recovery will take between four and five months.” And out of the rest of the season.
Its a massive blow to Arsenal and to Van Persie who was on fire scoring 8 goals this season.
We at www.arsenalaction.com would like to wish Robin a speedy recovery
Arsenal now MUST sign a striker in Jan if they want to push forward and win the league.
Marouane Chamakh? Mario Balotelli?
Or will Vela and Eduardo fill the gap?
Join the forum and have your say on this and more ( HERE )
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?