Arsenal.com have today confirmed that Robin Van Persies ankle injury sustained playing for Holland is far worst then first diagnosed. Van Persie returned to Arsenal this week and a scan confirmed that the ankle that was first suggested that would keep him out for upto 4 weeks will now need surgery to reconstruct his ligaments. Arsenal’s medical team anticipate that a full recovery will take between four and five months.” And out of the rest of the season.
Its a massive blow to Arsenal and to Van Persie who was on fire scoring 8 goals this season.
We at www.arsenalaction.com would like to wish Robin a speedy recovery
Arsenal now MUST sign a striker in Jan if they want to push forward and win the league.
Marouane Chamakh? Mario Balotelli?
Or will Vela and Eduardo fill the gap?
Join the forum and have your say on this and more ( HERE )
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta