Arsene Wenger has confirmed that their will be five changes made to the squad that rolled Burnley on the weekend.
Emmanuel Eboue makes way for Bacary Sagna on the right flank.
Mikael Silvestre is on his bike in favour of Sol Campbell at centre back, who has returned from an injury.
Alex Song’s suspension does not apply to the Champions League and so he will be returning to his familiar place at defensive mid.
Arshavin and Diaby will get their first starts, most likely Walcott making way for Diaby with Arshavin taking up residence in left attacking mid.
Team in full:
Almunia, Sagna, Campbell, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song, Diaby, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Bendtner
Substitutes: Fabianski, Silvestre, Traore, Eboue, Denilson, Walcott, Eduardo
Official Announcement: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/team-news-five-changes-for-porto-clash
Join the forum to commentate, debate and discuss this Arsenal vs Porto matrch.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers