It is often the first fixture both sets of fans look out for when the fixtures are released in June, with the 1-1 result at the Emirates back in September the bragging rights are up for grabs once more with this being the last possible clash between to for this season. A North London derby is always a tense and fiery affair and the early Saturday afternoon kick off will be no different.
Saturday’s derby could be a pivotal moment in the race for a top four finish with only two points separating Arsenal and Tottenham who find themselves sitting in 5th and 6th positions respectively.
RECENT FORM (LAST 6 GAMES)
Mauricio Pochettino’s side are in good form winning 4 of their last 6 games and find themselves firmly in contention for a top four finish, their only Premier league loss in the last 6 games came against Crystal Palace and they will fancy their chances of causing Arsenal problems as they look to capitalise on home advantage. Harry Kane will be looking to add to his impressive goal scoring record after signing a new year deal at White Hart Lane just a matter of days ago.
Arsene Wenger’s side are on a good run themselves and are many peoples favourites to grab fourth spot this season, Arsenal have won 5 out of their last 6 games which includes 3 straight wins and an impressive 5-0 win at home to Aston Villa last time out. The absence of Alexis Sanchez could be a key factor, however many Arsenal fans will be hoping the return of Mesut Ozil and the fantastic form of Santi Cazorla continues for this clash.
There are no fresh injury concerns for Pochettino and he is expected to name an unchanged lineup.
Arsenal’s prolific attacker Alexis Sanchez is expected to miss the North London derby due to a hamstring problem. Also missing for Wenger are Jack Wilshere who is “not too far away” and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain who could be sidelined for a few more weeks.
However there is some good news regarding Danny Welbeck who will return to Arsenal’s visit to White Hart Lane, apart from that it will be the same squad as last weekend.
Last seasons derby at White Hart Lane saw Arsenal take all 3 points thanks to a Tomas Rosicky rocket which caught Hugo Lloris just 2 minutes in.
Last 5 Meetings
|Played||Tottenham Hotspur Win||Draw||Arsenal Win|
|At White Hart Lane||5||3||1||1|
|At Emirates Stadium||5||1||1||3|
Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen, Kane
Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil, Giroud
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups