Arsenal fan favourite Tomas Rosicky looks to have called time on his Arsenal career after rejected a reported one year extension and will seek out pastures new
Rosicky now 34 has become frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities, the former Dortmund playmaker has fallen down the pecking order partly due to injury and now finds himself behind Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
The Czech international was signed back in 2006 for only £7 million and has been a good servant to Arsene Wenger, unfortunately his Arsenal career in recent years has been blotted by injury and with Arsenal looking to strengthen in the Summer it was an inevitability that Rosicky may move on due to Wenger being unable to give him first team assurances.
Rosicky has only started five games this season which is nowhere near enough to satisfy a player of Rosicky‘s pedigree, according to the Sun he is “not prepared to spend another year on the bench”.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers