Arsenal duo Thomas Partey and Kieran Tierney could feature against Manchester City when the two teams meet on Saturday.
Arsenal signed the Ghanaian midfielder for 45 million pounds from Atletico Madrid on deadline day and it will be interesting to see if the 27-year-old can make his mark against Manchester City this weekend.
Mikel Arteta has confirmed that both players could be in action against Pep Guardiola’s team and the manager’s comments will come as a boost to the Arsenal fans.
Arteta said (via Sky Sports): “Today he will have his first training session. He will need to go quickly. He wants to play. We will see [on Saturday]. You see players adapting really quickly and others taking a long time.
“I’ve seen the buzz around the place. The fans are really happy, I’ve seen some really positive reactions. The same with the team and staff. We have rated him (Partey) for a long time.”
Manchester City have been vulnerable so far in the Premier League and Arsenal will fancy their chances of taking all three points this weekend.
The Gunners have improved defensively since the arrival of Arteta and the Spaniard will know all about Pep Guardiola’s tactics after having worked with him at Manchester City.
It will be interesting to see which team comes out on top eventually. Both sides are capable of winning here and they should be a close contest.
- Arsenal plotting move for Leicester City midfielder
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement