Tomas Rosicky returns to the team. Cazorla, Sagna, Gibbs, Walcott & Wilshere all drop.
Starting : Szczesny; Jenkinson, Kosicelny, Mertesacker (C), Santos; Diaby, Ramsey; Ox-C, Rosicky , Podolski; Giroud.
Arsenal subs: Mannone, Sagna, Gibbs, Wilshere, Cazorla, Arshavin, Walcott
Last week I called for a boycott of Arsenal matches because the greedy b#stards are taking our hard earned money and pocketing it and not using the funds to try and improve the football squad. Not only are they pocketing the money we give them in the form of merchandise and ticket buys, but they also appear to be pocketing the money received from the team’s betting partner Betsson.
What the hell is a betting partner you ask? Simply put, they are the folks that are in charge of taking the bets in relation to Arsenal. During football matches, they take bets at the stadium, which is more money going out of our pockets and into the pockets of the greedy bastards. Next, they have setup online websites where fans can supposedly win money by playing casino games and can even win seats to the WSOP. Of course, the house always wins, which means more money in the greedy bastards pockets.
Betsson signed a deal with the team back in 2011 back when they were still on bwin owned poker network Ongame. You read that right, our betting partner was on the network owned by our rival’s sponsor. Does anyone know how much the deal was for or how much of that money, if any, has been reinvested into the team?
What good is having a sponsor if their sponsorship dollars are not being reinvested into the team to make it better. Yes, football is a business to a degree but if you continue to put together a shit product, then you will end up losing your customers that made you a success. It takes money to make money and it seems that our team has lost sight of that.
In addition to a boycott of Arsenal games, maybe it is time to boycott our team’s betting partner as well and let them know that their sponsorship dollars are not being used to improve the product. If they are any type of smart businessmen at all, they will realize that they are putting in good money chasing after bad and maybe threaten to pull out if Arsenal doesn’t change it’s ways. What can it hurt?
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups