After losing highly rated Fran Medira this summer, Arsenal are now in danger of losing young keeper Wojciech Szczesny in Jan on a FREE.
The young keeper now feels “unwanted” at Arsenal after a bust up with Arsene Wenger and said
“I know Arsenal are fighting for trophies, but if you want to win anything you must play your best players, not the oldest ones.
“It would be helpful if the best goalkeeper was playing.
“I am ready to play at a high level and I need a club who will not be afraid to rely on a 20-year-old. At Arsenal, nobody is brave enough to do so.
“When I get the chance, I’ll show I should have got in earlier.
“I would love to play for Arsenal, but I really expect something more than a few words at a press conference saying, ‘One day Szczesny will be the No1’.
“I was trying to fight for the No1 shirt, but nobody noticed that. I am not interested in being the No3 at any club in the world.”
Szczesny’s contract is due to expire at the end of the season and he has revealed that, despite having met with Arsenal three times, he is not sure where his future lies.
“I will be able to sign with any other club on January 1,” he said.
“I had three meetings about extending my contract but the club don’t seem to be interested at the moment. It won’t be difficult to find a new club. I would like to stay but not in the reserve team. It will be hard to stay when I feel unwanted.”
Debate this more on our forum – http://arsenalaction.com/forum/
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard