Tottenham look set to have beaten the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd in the race to sign Simon Kjaer. Reports this morning comfirmed that Palermo have accepted a €35m-bid for Defender Simon Kjaer and Striker Edinson Cavani
“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Italia television, stressing that the Serie A club would reinvest the money received from Spurs.
Danish centre-back Kjaer enjoyed two outstanding seasons at Palermo, helping them to finish fifth in Serie A last season, narrowly missing out on Champions League football.
Kjaer, 21, is highly-rated as one of Europe’s most promising defenders and was a summer target of Arsenal and Manchester Utd, his arrival at White Hart Lane would be a major statement of intent from Redknapp.
Debate this more on the forum [ HERE ]
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist