Tottenham look set to have beaten the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd in the race to sign Simon Kjaer. Reports this morning comfirmed that Palermo have accepted a €35m-bid for Defender Simon Kjaer and Striker Edinson Cavani
“Tottenham have bid €35m, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave,” Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Italia television, stressing that the Serie A club would reinvest the money received from Spurs.
Danish centre-back Kjaer enjoyed two outstanding seasons at Palermo, helping them to finish fifth in Serie A last season, narrowly missing out on Champions League football.
Kjaer, 21, is highly-rated as one of Europe’s most promising defenders and was a summer target of Arsenal and Manchester Utd, his arrival at White Hart Lane would be a major statement of intent from Redknapp.
Debate this more on the forum [ HERE ]
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison