Daniel Ek the co-founder and CEO of music streaming steaming service Spotify is seriously considering an Arsenal takeover bid as per a report from the Telegraph.
During the fan led protests outside the Emirates on Friday, the Swedish billionaire who is valued at £3.4billion revealed he would happily take over the North London club if the Kroenke’s are looking to sell. He tweeted the following:
As a kid growing up, I’ve cheered for @Arsenal as long as I can remember. If KSE would like to sell Arsenal I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring.
— Daniel Ek (@eldsjal) April 23, 2021
The Telegraph are reporting that interest from Daniel Ek is genuine and the billionaire is willing to open talks with Stan Kroenke about making an offer for a complete takeover. Despite Stan Kroenke’s son Josh claiming on Thursday that they have no intention of selling, the report further claims that the current ownership would be tempted by an offer that would be around £2billion.
Arsenal legend Ian Wright also backed the fans protest protest on Friday and revealed that KSE are not fit to run the club. As per Metro, he said:
“I stand with them, I made it clear what I think about the owner. I think they’re right to be outside there.”
“KSE are not fit, for me, not fit to run the club, not fit to own the club. We’ve heard Josh Kroenke saying they’re not selling the club – and I wouldn’t expect them to, it’s a massive cash cow for them.”
If the Spotify man was to make a successful bid, he would definitely have the support of the fans. Fans have always been dissatisfied with the Kroenke’s since they took over and last week’s European Super League announcement seems to be the tipping point of this relationship. There was a protest even after the club said that they were pulling out which shows the anger towards the owners.
However a takeover won’t be that easy and there are a lot of factors to be considered such as the price. One thing that works in favour of Daniel Ek is that the fans will be behind him and if a good enough offer can be made, it will help usher in a new era at the Emirates.
- The Nicolas Pepe show – What Arsenal need against Villarreal
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: This is one of the biggest games of my Arsenal career
- Unai Emery praises Arsenal duo ahead of Europa League clash
- Mikel Arteta urges Arsenal players to embrace the Europa League challenge
- Arsenal legend claims current Gunners player won’t make his team
- Arsenal Predicted Line-up Against Villarreal
- Tierney, Lacazette – Arsenal Team News vs Villarreal
- Arteta refuses to rule Luiz out of Villarreal clash
- David Luiz could leave Arsenal this summer
- Bernd Leno could leave Arsenal this summer