Daniel Ek the co-founder and CEO of music streaming steaming service Spotify is seriously considering an Arsenal takeover bid as per a report from the Telegraph.
During the fan led protests outside the Emirates on Friday, the Swedish billionaire who is valued at £3.4billion revealed he would happily take over the North London club if the Kroenke’s are looking to sell. He tweeted the following:
As a kid growing up, I’ve cheered for @Arsenal as long as I can remember. If KSE would like to sell Arsenal I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring.
— Daniel Ek (@eldsjal) April 23, 2021
The Telegraph are reporting that interest from Daniel Ek is genuine and the billionaire is willing to open talks with Stan Kroenke about making an offer for a complete takeover. Despite Stan Kroenke’s son Josh claiming on Thursday that they have no intention of selling, the report further claims that the current ownership would be tempted by an offer that would be around £2billion.
Arsenal legend Ian Wright also backed the fans protest protest on Friday and revealed that KSE are not fit to run the club. As per Metro, he said:
“I stand with them, I made it clear what I think about the owner. I think they’re right to be outside there.”
“KSE are not fit, for me, not fit to run the club, not fit to own the club. We’ve heard Josh Kroenke saying they’re not selling the club – and I wouldn’t expect them to, it’s a massive cash cow for them.”
If the Spotify man was to make a successful bid, he would definitely have the support of the fans. Fans have always been dissatisfied with the Kroenke’s since they took over and last week’s European Super League announcement seems to be the tipping point of this relationship. There was a protest even after the club said that they were pulling out which shows the anger towards the owners.
However a takeover won’t be that easy and there are a lot of factors to be considered such as the price. One thing that works in favour of Daniel Ek is that the fans will be behind him and if a good enough offer can be made, it will help usher in a new era at the Emirates.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups