Neil Warnock’s Crystal Palace are interested in taking Arsenal’s young striker Yaya Sanogo on loan for the second half of this season.
Crystal Palace have found goals relatively difficult to come by this season only scoring 19 goals in 17 games and early indications suggest that the Eagles are looking to improve their attacking options.
Warnock has tried 5 different attackers so far this season; Fraizer Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Maraoune Chamakh, Kevin Doyle and Andy Johnson have all struggled in front of goal notching 6 goals between them.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger clearly rates Sanogo and sees much potential in the under 21 French international but with the likes of Olivier Giroud, Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez above him in the pecking order it would be ideal for Sanogo to take a loan deal with another Premier League club so he can learn his trade and get a run of games under his belt.
Sanogo has found chances at a premium this season having played only 6 competitive matches thus far and scoring just the once which came in a much needed 2-0 victory at home to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. The young French striker has bags of potential but at this stage of his career the pressure of being an Arsenal striker seems to much of a weight at present and he has struggled to string together enough games due to injury.
Along with Palace there is also interest from Aston Villa and Gustavo Poyet’s Sunderland who like Palace have both struggle for goals scoring only 11 and 15 respectively.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups