Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has turned down the club’s offer of a contract extension.
The 28-year-old is out of contract at the end of this season and he is already planning for a future away from Arsenal.
The defender has already informed the club that he plans to leave at the end of the current season.
Mustafi joined Arsenal four years ago from Valencia for a fee of around £35 million but he has not been able to show his true potential in the Premier League.
The German has been unreliable and error prone at the back an Arsenal are unlikely to miss him a lot if and when he moves on.
The Gunners have two talented young defenders in the form of Gabriel and Saliba. They should look to build their defensive unit around the two young defenders.
Both players are immensely talented and they are more than capable of replacing the likes of David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi.
Apparently the 28 year old Arsenal defender is said to be keen on a move to Italy so that he can be close to his family.
It will be interesting to see where the German defender ends up at the end of this season.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups