Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti was linked with a move to Arsenal during the summer transfer window but the French international has now claimed that he does not see himself playing for another club right now.
Arsenal needed to improve their defensive options during the summer transfer window and they were linked with quite a few centre backs at the time.
The London club ended up signing Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille. So far the Brazilian has proven to be a good addition to Arteta’s side.
Umtiti is a quality defender as well and he could have been a superb investment for Arsenal.
The Frenchman has already won the World Cup with his country and he has the experience of winning trophies at the club level as well.
It will be interesting to see if Arsenal return for him at the end of this season.
Earlier in the summer, there were rumours that Barcelona could sell a few players to fund their transfer business and Umtiti was reportedly one of the expendables.
The player has recently revealed that there were some talks with Lyon during the summer transfer window but there was nothing concrete and the move never materialized.
The Frenchman has the quality to succeed in the Premier League and a move to Arsenal wouldn’t be a bad option for him in the future.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups