Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti was linked with a move to Arsenal during the summer transfer window but the French international has now claimed that he does not see himself playing for another club right now.
Arsenal needed to improve their defensive options during the summer transfer window and they were linked with quite a few centre backs at the time.
The London club ended up signing Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille. So far the Brazilian has proven to be a good addition to Arteta’s side.
Umtiti is a quality defender as well and he could have been a superb investment for Arsenal.
The Frenchman has already won the World Cup with his country and he has the experience of winning trophies at the club level as well.
It will be interesting to see if Arsenal return for him at the end of this season.
Earlier in the summer, there were rumours that Barcelona could sell a few players to fund their transfer business and Umtiti was reportedly one of the expendables.
The player has recently revealed that there were some talks with Lyon during the summer transfer window but there was nothing concrete and the move never materialized.
The Frenchman has the quality to succeed in the Premier League and a move to Arsenal wouldn’t be a bad option for him in the future.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers