Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti was linked with a move to Arsenal during the summer transfer window but the French international has now claimed that he does not see himself playing for another club right now.
Arsenal needed to improve their defensive options during the summer transfer window and they were linked with quite a few centre backs at the time.
The London club ended up signing Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille. So far the Brazilian has proven to be a good addition to Arteta’s side.
Umtiti is a quality defender as well and he could have been a superb investment for Arsenal.
The Frenchman has already won the World Cup with his country and he has the experience of winning trophies at the club level as well.
It will be interesting to see if Arsenal return for him at the end of this season.
Earlier in the summer, there were rumours that Barcelona could sell a few players to fund their transfer business and Umtiti was reportedly one of the expendables.
The player has recently revealed that there were some talks with Lyon during the summer transfer window but there was nothing concrete and the move never materialized.
The Frenchman has the quality to succeed in the Premier League and a move to Arsenal wouldn’t be a bad option for him in the future.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups