As per Chris Wheatley of Football London, Albert Sambi Lokonga is set to have a medical today before completing his move to Arsenal.
The Belgian midfielder has been linked with the Gunners for some time now and it appears that the transfer saga is coming to an end. The 21-year-old is one of the most highly rated talents in his country and this promises to be an exciting signing for the English side.
Wheatley took to Instagram to post an update regarding Lokonga as the caption read:
“Albert Sambi Lokonga will have a medical today ahead of his move to Arsenal. He’s expected to join up with his new teammates for the pre-season games in Scotland next week.”
This was confirmed by another reliable journalist Kristof Terreur who sated that the midfielder will be putting pen to paper on a five-year deal. The move has reached an advanced stage and is expected to be done soon.
The Gunners have done well selecting the 21-year-old as he is just the kind of player who can improve the depth in the squad. A midfielder capable of breaking through the lines with his dribbling and passing, the Anderlecht man is a welcome addition.
With the player having a medical today, that must mean we are closer than ever to see Lokonga at the Emirates stadium. With Matteo Guendouzi joining Marseille and Granit Xhaka closing in on a move to Roma, the central midfield options are a bit light.
By adding the Belgian talent to their ranks, the Gunners are boosting the overall quality in their squad. It also takes off some of the weight from the shoulders of Thomas Partey as Lokonga plays in a similar manner.
The age and potential of the player make this a worthy transfer and to the credit of the north Londoners, they have executed it well. This is a good start to the window, but they should keep going. Arsenal have done well to secure the signing of Lokonga who is a player that they need and can go on to become a world class talent.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal: FA Cup Third Round Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang OUT, Dusan Vlahovic IN – How Could Arsenal’s January Transfer Campaign Play Out?
- Arsenal’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Arsenal Transfer Targets For January 2022
- Arsenal vs Southampton: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration