Judging by reports this Morning it appears the emotional Bacary Sagna that was seen on Saturday evening lifting the FA Cup for us has played his last game in the red and white. Reports this morning suggest Sagna will open talks with Premier League rivals Manchester City as he has rejected the latest Arsenal offer. The French right back had previously been reportedly offered a 2 year deal worth £90,000 a week. Sagna is thought to be holding out for a new 3 year deal worth £100,000 a week along with a signing on fee. You would have to feel that the Arsenal offer is final as they tend to not offer such a deal lightly to a 31 year old.
Reported in the not that reliable Daily Star is that top of Arsene Wenger’s list is Serge Aurier the attacking Toulouse right back has impressed a lot this season and is seen in many quarters as the ideal replacement for Sagna. Aurier who has been dubbed “the new Dani Alves” he would carry a transfer fee of around £7 million. Aurier is expected to figure for the Ivory Coast in this summer’s World Cup in Brazil and has scored 8 goals in Ligue 1 this campaign and would offer a lot going forward as well as being quick and strong. One look at Aurier and you can see he is a real athlete.
Aurier recently asked about the link to Arsenal replied with “Arsenal is my dream” it is clear he has a desire to move to the Premier league and Arsenal. Aurier would definitely fit the bill and he is expected to be our first summer signing.
thanks for reading
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- Mikel Arteta insists Aubameyang is totally commited to Arsenal
- Arsenal preparing concrete offer for Inter Milan star Achraf Hakimi
- Arsenal wonder boy in the squad for Europa League
- Predicted Arsenal XI against Slavia Prague(Europa League)
- Arsenal Team News ahead of Slavia Prague game
- Arsenal renew transfer interest in Wilfried Zaha