Theo Walcott struck a late winner as Arsenal edged out Brighton & Hove Albion 3-2 in an exciting FA Cup tie at the Amex Stadium.
Olivier Giroud broke the deadlock for the Gunners with a fabulous finish in the 16th minute, only for Ashley Barnes to draw Brighton level before half-time.
Another fine strike by Giroud was cancelled out by Jose Ulloa as Brighton again hit back to make it 2-2, but Walcott’s deflected strike five minutes from time took the Gunners through to the fifth round.
- Arsenal Ratings
Szczesny (6) Made a great early save mins before we took the lead. But was at fault for the 1st goal.
Mertesacker (6.5) Looked in control at the back but was day dreaming for the 2nd goal.
Koscielny (6) Pace gets him out of trouble but he is prone to the odd mistake.
Santos (3)Very poor yet again by the Brazilian Andy Reid. Everything he did today was pathetic. £6m flop!
Jenkinson (7)Played well and looked the part.
Diaby (6) dwelling on the ball at times but good to see him play the full 90mins.
Rosicky (5) Not match fit
Oxlade-Chamberlain (5)Looks to have put on 2 stone. Not getting enough playing time and looks off the pace.
Ramsey (6)Did the job but wasteful with his passing
Podolski (7)Played well again and also played the full 90mins
Giroud (9) Our best player by a mile. 2 great goals and starting to look the part.
Walcott (7.5) Great pace and made us look more dangerous on the break. Scored the winner via a deflection
Wilshere (7) Came on and controlled the middle of the park
Gibbs (6.5) Anything is better then Santos
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight