Arsenal kept up the pressure on Premier League leaders Manchester United and maintained their title hopes with victory at Blackpool.
41-year-old keeper Jens Lehmann being thrust into his first start for the club in three years after Manuel Almunia was injured in the warm-up.
Lehmann had a relatively untroubled first half as Arsenal established firm control courtesy of two goals in three minutes through Abou Diaby and Emmanuel Eboue.
Wenger introduced Theo Walcott to give Arsenal extra pace and thrust, and the ploy worked when he raced clear to set up Robin van Persie for the crucial third 14 minutes from time.
Jens Lehmann 7.0, [Great to see jens back in goal for us. Late call up but he didnt let us down. Made a decent late save.
Sebastien Squillaci 8.0, [For me his best game for Arsenal. Made a great tackle that lead to the move that finished the game off. Very good game]
Laurent Koscielny 6.0, [Lucky not to give away x2 pens. Looked very uneasy today and not for the first time this season]
Gael Clichy 7.5, [Solid for me, and got forward and supported Arshavin]
Emmanuel Eboue 8.0, [Gives us so much more going forward. Scored a wonderful goal]
Cesc Fabregas 7.5, [Good to see him back pulling the strings]
Jack Wilshere 7.0, [Got stuck in and passed the ball well]
Abou Diaby 7.0, [Scored the first and then got involved in something and got booked and lost his head]
Robin van Persie 8.5, [Set up the 1st, scored the 3rd and overall was dangerous, could of scored more]
Andrey Arshavin 6.5, [Didnt have a great game] Replaced by Theo who set up RVP
Samir Nasri 7.0 [Hit the post and always looked dangerous]
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers