Blackburn 1 – 2 Arsenal
Diouf 27 Walcott 20, Arshavin 51
Its been said that we are soft! Its been said that we cant deal with balls into the box! Its been said that we cant fight and battle!….Well today Arsenal proved a point.
A massive 3pts for the gunners and I take my hat off to the players on the pitch today. The did what was needed and showed heart and fight and hung on at the end and won the game.
Almunia : 8/10, Full credit to Almunia today. Made a few good saves and when he needed to come for balls he did.
Sagna : 8/10, Back to his best. Great run for the 2nd goal and was well up for the fight.
Koscinely : 6/10, At fault for the blackburn goal and didnt show enough strength or pace to deal. Apart from that he did ok
Vermaelen : 7/10, Pretty solid and looked up for it.
Clichy : 7/10, Decent game from our flying left back.
Fabregas : 6.5/10, Didnt look fit, passing was all over the place. But he needs playing time.
Song : 7/10, Battled for the team and won the ball back. But his passing at times is very poor.
Diaby : 8.5/10, GREAT game from the big man. Won all the 50/50s and some great runs and passing.
Walcott : 9/10 [MOTM] For the 2nd week in a row, Man of the match. Great goal and great start to the season. A real handful who they couldn’t deal with.
van Persie : 6/10, Set up the first goal and then the glass ankles did what they always do. Went off injured after 30mins.
Arshavin : 7/10, Was pretty poor, but then popped up in the box and took his goal well. After that he looked up for it.
Rosicky -7/10 Replaced Cesc ( Wanted to see him start, Has looked very good this season)
Wilshere – 6/10 Replaced Arshavin ( Should have scored to kill the game off. Keep the ball well)
Chamakh – 7,5/10 Replaced RVP ( Worked the line and his link up play was world class)
Negative from the match
Van Persie injured yet again, in his first game back he lasted 30mins. How many times is this going to happen. Hope its not long time. Wenger said after the game it was only a few wks.
Positives from the game
The team showed they could mix it and fight. A real test for the boys today and we didn’t hide. We looked well up for the fight and it was great to see.
Debate this more on the forum – www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups