Arsenal 4-1 Bolton
* Koscielny 24————* Elmander 44
* Chamakh 58—————————-
* A Song 78————————-
* Vela 83—-——————
Even without Walcott, Clichy, Sagna and Vermaelen and Robin van Persie, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has sufficient depth to win 4-1 vs a hard Bolton side.
Laurent Koscielny put the gunners in front in the 24th minute but then the Frenchman’s defensive error allowed Johan Elmander to level a minute before half-time.
But Arsenal turned on the style as Maroune Chamakh headed in the first of three second-half goals from six yards.
Gary Cahill was sent off for a dangerous tackle before, and then Alex Song fantastic finish and Carlos Vela completed the rout.
The Frenchman also gave compatriot and £6m signing Salvatore Squillaci his debut with Thomas Vermaelen unavailable because of an Achillies injury.
Andrei Arshavin had a fustrating day being caught offside and missing a host of chances. Cesc Fabregas was back to his best and was opening up the visitors with easy.
Songs goal was Arsenal’s 1000th of Arsene Wenger’s rein.
Almunia 7.0 : Did well, no chance for the goal Eboue, 7.0 : Great going forward Koscielny 6.0 : Scored the first but at fault for the Bolton goal Squillaci 7.0 : Didnt do anything wrong, looking solid Gibbs 6.5 : Could of done better for the goal. Arshavin 5.5 : Missed a host of chances but worked hard Fabregas 8.5 : Back to his best, Made everything happen [MOTM] Rosicky 7.5 : Picked out some wonderful passes with the outside of the boot Wilshere 6.5 : Did ok but not his best game Song 8.0 : Scored a wonderful goal, but his passing was off. Chamakh 8.0 : Scored a great header and worked the line very well.
Subs Diaby 6,0 : Came on for JW and then went off after a nasty tackle Denilson 6.0 : Came on for Diaby and slotted in well. Vela 7.5 : Showed Arshavin how to finish, took his goal very well
Debate this more on the forum – www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes