Lets just say that we got lucky!
Wenger said before the game that whoever was in goal today would be our “Number one” keeper.
Almunia got the nod and was back to his old self.. Flapping for crosses and got beat at his near post. Not as bad as the mistake by Pepe Reina in the last min that allowed us to salvage a point vs the 10 men.
I see a few posts on the forum blaming Almunia for costing us 3pts today? Why are you blaming Almunia?
We all said that poor old Almunia was not good enough for Arsenal at the end of last season.
But what did we do? Did we go out and address this? No?… We made him our captain.So please dont blame a player who is doing his best but is not good enough. Blame the manager who keeps picking him and is to stuborn to see this.
- 01 Almunia – 4/10 : What can i say? Until we get a decent keeper we are never going to win anything.
- 03 Sagna – 6/10 : Look pretty solid, but still cant cross a ball.
- 05 Vermaelen – 7.5/10 : Decent game and looked pretty solid
- 06 Laurent Koscielny – 7/10 : Did ok, Showed great pace and was unlucky to get sent off.
- 22 Clichy – 6/10 : Did well but wasteful with his final ball.
- 27 Eboue – 6/10 : Worked hard
- 02 Diaby – 7/10 : Played in the DM role and did the job well, Just needs to give the ball sooner.
- 08 Nasri – 8/10 : Our best player all summer and started the season well.
- 19 Wilshere – 4/10 : Poor game, Gave the ball away for the goal and was wastefull with his passing.
- 23 Arshavin – 5/10 : Poor, Didnt look up for the game at all.
- 29 Chamakh – 6.5/10 : Up front on his own and worked hard but his link play was pretty poor. Brave for our goal
- Walcott – 7/10 : Did well when he replaced Eboue, Looked up for it and was willing to have a go.
- Rosicky – 8/10 : For me he changed the game. Played very well when he came on and unlucky not to score.
- Van Persie – 6/10 : Not enough time to make an impact. Funny that Kuyt managed to play the full 90mins?
So what did today tell us?….Nothing we didnt already know. We need more cover at CB FAST! and we have a clown as a keeper. Wilshere is not ready and I hope when RVP is fit he plays up top with Chamakh and gives the lad some support.
Positives : … The Almunia mistake just might make Wenger go out and sign a keeper? But i very much doubt it.
Negatives :.. for 65mins we didnt test the Liverpool keeper and we had the extra man. Pretty much the same old Arsenal. Pass pass pass from side to side with nothing to show.
- Arsenal players expected to feature in the 2022 World Cup
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions