As per a report from Italian outlet Calcio Mercato, Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin is ready to leave the club with Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing him.
The Spaniard has been the club’s first choice right-back for many seasons and has developed into a fine modern full-back. He has made 34 appearances this season, scoring one goal in the Premier League. However his game time has reduced recently as Mikel Arteta has tried out other players in this position.
Calcio Mercato state that after spending a decade in North London, the 26-year-old is looking at options elsewhere and there are three clubs that hold an interest in him. Inter Milan and Juventus are interested in the defender, but their discussions did not lead to anything concrete. There is another club in the mix who appear to have made more progress.
The report claims that PSG have had positive talks with the player’s representatives last week concerning a move. The French club are looking for a new right back after deciding to send Alessandro Florenzi back to AS Roma and hence the interest in the Spaniard.
Though the full back has not been able to replicate the heights he touched before his ACL injury in 2019, the Spanish defender remains a fine player and ambassador for the club. The latter can be seen in the many causes Bellerin supports and his willingness to give a voice to issues that matter.
With a club such as PSG interested, the Gunners could be able to get a good fee for their asset. At the age of 26, the Spaniard can contribute for many more years and that will boost his value.
Arsenal need to make a decision over Bellerin because if he were to leave, a good enough replacement would be needed. And if the player really wants to depart, the best solution would be to get a deal done as soon as possible. As the club’s longest serving member, the former Barcelona man holds a special place at the Emirates but the player and the club would benefit from a new challenge.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups