Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood confirmed that the club are looking at the Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer (37)
Hil-Wood told “The Star”
We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away.
We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn’t look like it.
Apparently our bid of around £3m was turned down by Fulham.
But is a 37 year old keeper the answer to our goalkeeping problems? And at £4m are we going to get much in return? How many more years has Schwarzer got at the top?.. Has he even played at the top before?
Personally I would rather us signed Rob Green (30)
I know that Wenger regards Wojciech Szczesny(20) as a future number 1, and that the signing of an experienced keeper to cover until he is ready could be the thinking in signing Schwarzer. But £4m for a 37 year old??
Ben Foster(27) has just signed for Birmingham City for the same price and is TEN YEARS YOUNGER!….And is Schwarzer the best we can do? Im sure there are better keeper then him out there?..(Loris/Akineev/Gordon)
There is no doubt that Wenger is looking at signing a keeper this summer… But who would you like to see?
Debate this more on our forum ( HERE )
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros