Pat Rice, Arsenal legend and number 2 to manager Arsene Wenger.
There has been a LONG debate on our forum about this subject.
Is it now time for Arsenal to replace Pat Rice as Wengers right hand man?
Contrary to media reports this morning, Arsenal assistant manager Pat Rice is NOT considering retirement at the end of the current season.
He remains a key part of Arsène Wenger’s backroom staff is currently helping prepare the team for trip to Manchester United on Saturday.
But many members of the forum feel that a shake up in the coaching staff at Arsenal is just what the team needs to move forward. Some fresh imput and some much needed defensive tactics. Some have even put forward Martin Keown as a future number two?
If you look at Man Utd over the years under Ferguson they change the number 2 every 2/3 seasons just to bring in new ideas. The have had Steve McClaren,Brian Kidd,Carlos Queriroz and now Terry Phelan. If a manager is at a club a long time like Ferguson and Wenger you need to freshen things up like Man Utd have done over the years to keep the players on there toes.
But then again some might say that Pat Rice is the perfect number two for Wenger.Rice will never undermine him or try and become the number one at Arsenal.A manager needs to have trust in his number two and Wenger has that with Pat Rice.
But what do you think?
You can debate this more in this thread of the forum
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight