A Photo Special to mark the return of Eduardo, On 3rd July 2007 Eduardo Alves da Silva signed for the Arsenal,
Eduardo made his league debut on 19 August 2007 in Arsenal’s 1–1 draw at Blackburn rovers.Ten days later, he netted his first competitive goal for the Gunners in their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Sparta Prague.
On 23 February 2008, Eduardo suffered a broken left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle in a match against Birmingham
City, following a mistimed tackle by Martin Taylor.
Eduardo was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital, where he underwent surgery,Eduardo’s injury was so graphic that Sky Sports, which was broadcasting the game live, decided not to show replays of the incident.
On 16 February 2009, he started against Cardiff City in the FA Cup, scoring in the 21st minute with a header from a Carlos Vela cross. He then won and converted a penalty in the second half before being substituted, receiving a standing ovation from the Arsenal fans. In a post-match interview, he described his first-team comeback and goals as “the best day of my life“.
Its great to have you back little man [ www.arsenalaction.com ]
Its great to have you back with us Eduardo!!
And a VIDEO-BONUS! [The Return]
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups