A Photo Special to mark the return of Eduardo, On 3rd July 2007 Eduardo Alves da Silva signed for the Arsenal,
Eduardo made his league debut on 19 August 2007 in Arsenal’s 1–1 draw at Blackburn rovers.Ten days later, he netted his first competitive goal for the Gunners in their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Sparta Prague.
On 23 February 2008, Eduardo suffered a broken left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle in a match against Birmingham
City, following a mistimed tackle by Martin Taylor.
Eduardo was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital, where he underwent surgery,Eduardo’s injury was so graphic that Sky Sports, which was broadcasting the game live, decided not to show replays of the incident.
On 16 February 2009, he started against Cardiff City in the FA Cup, scoring in the 21st minute with a header from a Carlos Vela cross. He then won and converted a penalty in the second half before being substituted, receiving a standing ovation from the Arsenal fans. In a post-match interview, he described his first-team comeback and goals as “the best day of my life“.
Its great to have you back little man [ www.arsenalaction.com ]
Its great to have you back with us Eduardo!!
And a VIDEO-BONUS! [The Return]
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups