Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal right back Hector Bellerin according to Spanish outlet Todo Fichajes.
Bellerin has been a regular for the North London club featuring in 31 games this season, scoring a solitary goal in the Premier League. The Spaniard’s pace and attacking intent is key to the way the team plays.
The report in Todo Fichajes states that PSG are keen on bringing him to Paris from London and a bid of around €25M will be enough to seal the deal for the full back. The 26-year-old defender considers that his time at the Emirates club has come to an end and is keen on making a move this summer.
Todo Fichajes further claim that Arsenal are aware of the player’s intentions and will not block a transfer. They are already on the lookout for a potential replacement. Barcelona have reportedly expressed their interest in Bellerin last summer, but PSG are now the favourites.
The Spaniard has enjoyed success at the North London club and has blossomed into the one of the best full backs in the league. And for the past few seasons, he has been a mainstay in the Gunners defence.
He has two years left on his contract and the North Londoners will have to take a call this summer. If the player is so keen on leaving, then it would be better to sell him off for a solid fee and reinvest in getting a player of the same caliber if not better.
If the right back does leave, it would leave a big hole in the defence. His pace in attack and defence has helped them become that much stronger on either side of the pitch. Though the Spaniard has lost a bit of pace since his ligament injury, he has looked more like his former self this season.
Arsenal would be intrigued by the interest from the French giants. They are more than capable of meeting the Emirates club’s demands, so it will be interesting to see what happens to Bellerin after the end of the season.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes