Speaking ahead of the game against Everton, Mikel Arteta said that his squad should make no excuses despite the impact of the European Super League..
The North London club were among the six clubs to confirm their involvement in the league but they backtracked along with other English clubs within 48 hours. They now have to focus on the Premier League match against Everton on Friday, but the shadow of last week’s events remains.
Mikel Arteta is hoping that his team would not be too affected by what has happened off the pitch. When asked about the impact of this on the game against the Toffees, the Spaniard responded(via Arsenal’s official website):
“I don’t know, we tried to speak to them and we had a conversation with them. Vinai spoke in front of all of them and explained what happened, so hopefully they are in a good place.
“It was a big shock for all of them at first to go through, a lot to read and a lot of opinions and a lot to digest. But it’s not an excuse. We have a game tomorrow and this is the most important thing. Let’s go and beat Everton.”
The Gunners boss has a special relationship with the Toffeemen as the Spaniard spent many successful years there as a player. When asked about what this match meant to him, he added:
“It’s a very special one. Again, for the memories that I have and the experiences that I had and because I am really attached to that football club and the people who runs it as well.”
It would help the North Londoners a lot if they could get the three points on Friday. But it will not at all be easy as the visitors will make life difficult at the Emirates. Everton currently sit ahead of the hosts in the league table and that shows how good their squad has been this season.
Arsenal will want to get back to winning ways on Friday as that will give them a lot of momentum heading into next week’s Europa League semi-final. There has been a lot happening around the club but if the team perform well, it will make the fans and the manager happy.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight