It has been reported in the Mirror that Serie A side Napoli have rejected a bid for their Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, the bid is understood to be £29.4 million.
It is understood that Napoli are open to selling the 27 year old for the right price who are holding out for £34 million for the former Real Madrid man.
Napoli narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification and Higuain understandably will want Champions League football at this stage of his career.
Arsene Wenger was “close” to signing Higuain back in 2013 before the Argentinian international completed his move to Naples where he has scored 35 goals in 69 games.
It would seem Arsenal are in the market for a striker this Summer, Higuain is the latest that Wenger has been linked with following rumours of interest in Colombians Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight