It has been reported in the Mirror that Serie A side Napoli have rejected a bid for their Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, the bid is understood to be £29.4 million.
It is understood that Napoli are open to selling the 27 year old for the right price who are holding out for £34 million for the former Real Madrid man.
Napoli narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification and Higuain understandably will want Champions League football at this stage of his career.
Arsene Wenger was “close” to signing Higuain back in 2013 before the Argentinian international completed his move to Naples where he has scored 35 goals in 69 games.
It would seem Arsenal are in the market for a striker this Summer, Higuain is the latest that Wenger has been linked with following rumours of interest in Colombians Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers
- Tavares, Chambers, Tierney – Arsenal Team News against Rangers