Mikel Arteta has confirmed that Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette has suffered a hamstring injury in their 1-1 draw against Fulham on Sunday.
After putting in some terrific performances over the last two games, the Frenchman was once again leading the line for the North London club. In the second half, while running towards the Fulham box, the forward pulled up with a discomfort and had to be withdrawn soon after.
Eddie Nketiah came on to replace him and eventually got the goal that would secure a point for the Gunners. Speaking after the game, Mikel Arteta confirmed that the striker has pulled up his hamstring and the early signs are not too good.
However, the Spanish boss refused to speculate on the extent of the injury and revealed the player will have a scan on Tuesday. According to Arsenal’s official website, he said:
“Lacazette has done his hamstring, it’s not good news,”
“We’ll have to see [how long he will be out for]. We’ll have the scan, probably on Tuesday, to see the extent of the injury and the timeline for it. But I don’t know.
“I cannot tell if it’s going to be a week, two weeks, five weeks or six weeks. He felt something in his hamstring, and we don’t know the extent of it. We are all disappointed because we all know the moment that Laca was on.”
Arsenal will be hoping for some positive news from the scan as the Frenchman has been in top form recently, scoring 4 goals in 2 games prior to the Fulham game. He has stepped up and proved himself in the absence of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who is ill. It is not just the goal scoring form that will be missed but his ability to bring others into the game as well.
The North Londoners will be hoping that Lacazette won’t be out for long. There aren’t that many games left in the season and Arteta needs the strongest possible squad heading into the last few weeks. There is a trophy to be won and the chances of doing that will be massively enhanced with the presence of the French striker.
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison