Arsenal announced their 25 man Premier League squad yesterday and German midfielder Mesut Ozil was left out.
Earlier this season, the former World Cup winner was left out of Arsenal’s European squad as well.
However, the decision to leave him out of the Premier League squad has not gone down too well with the player and Ozil has taken to Twitter to share his thoughts on the club’s decision.
The German midfielder wrote that he’s quite disappointed with the decision but he will continue to work hard in training and prove his worth.
Ozil also reflected on his time at the London club and revealed that this is not how he expected his eight year spell at the club to end.
It will be interesting to see if the 32 year old midfielder decides to move on in January in search of regular first team football.
Ozil will be a free agent at the end of this season and it is evident that he has played his final game for the Gunners.
There were rumours that Arsenal could look to terminate his contract mutually but clearly that has not worked out.
Ozil has not played for Arsenal so far this season and that is unlikely to change going forward.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes