It has been established that Kostas Manolas turned down a move to the Emirates in the summer in favour of joining Roma.
After an impressive succession of World Cup performances his talent was highlighted and several clubs including Arsenal were interested in signing him but he favoured a move to Roma instead.
The Greek defender confirmed that he had offers from Arsenal and Juventus and was even rumoured to be in London for a medical at one point but he din’t speak to either club. Speaking to Il Tempo he told them;
“It’s true, Juventus sought me out after the World Cup.
“I could also have ended up at Arsenal. But I never went to London, as it was reported.
“Now, for me, there is only Roma. I’m very happy to have come here.”
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract
- Arsenal vs Sheffield United – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- Mikel Arteta insists Aubameyang is totally commited to Arsenal
- Arsenal preparing concrete offer for Inter Milan star Achraf Hakimi
- Arsenal wonder boy in the squad for Europa League
- Predicted Arsenal XI against Slavia Prague(Europa League)
- Arsenal Team News ahead of Slavia Prague game
- Arsenal renew transfer interest in Wilfried Zaha