It has been established that Kostas Manolas turned down a move to the Emirates in the summer in favour of joining Roma.
After an impressive succession of World Cup performances his talent was highlighted and several clubs including Arsenal were interested in signing him but he favoured a move to Roma instead.
The Greek defender confirmed that he had offers from Arsenal and Juventus and was even rumoured to be in London for a medical at one point but he din’t speak to either club. Speaking to Il Tempo he told them;
“It’s true, Juventus sought me out after the World Cup.
“I could also have ended up at Arsenal. But I never went to London, as it was reported.
“Now, for me, there is only Roma. I’m very happy to have come here.”
- Alexandre Lacazette Situation – To sell or not?
- ‘He is absolutely elite’ – Arsenal fans excited by Sambi Lokonga transfer links
- Arsenal defender is a major doubt for Scotland’s crucial clash against England
- Arsenal’s opening bid for Belgian midfielder rejected
- Is Arsenal still the best club for young players?
- The Approach That Arsenal Will Have in The Summer Transfer Period
- Arsenal’s transfer bid for Nabil Fekir rejected by Real Betis
- Marcel Sabitzer – The Bargain That Arsenal Need To Focus On
- Vinai Venkatesham at loggerheads with Arsenal over European Super League involvement
- How Kieran Tierney will influence Scotland at the Euros