Manchester United are reportedly ready to compete with local rivals Manchester City for the signing of Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez.
According to The Sun, Jose Mourinho’s side want to capitalise on the Chile international’s contract situation at the Emirates, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the Premier League season.
It’s suggested in the report that Sanchez would be able to command a signing on fee of £25 million if he left Arsenal and became a free agent. City were ready to cough around £60 million for him in the previous window.
However, he remained at the Emirates Stadium and looks ready to see out his Arsenal contract.
The desire from Arsenal refusing to sell Sanchez is understandable, as the former Barcelona forward’s one of the most dangerous footballers in the Premier League. Last season, he was a regular scorer of goals while creating many chances for the team, bringing an incision and inventiveness to the Gunners’ play.
After a summer of international commitments and intense transfer speculation, Sanchez has slotted back into the Gunners’ 2017-18 plans.
According to the above-mentioned British source, some associated with City were “surprised” that manager Pep Guardiola was so keen to sign Sanchez.
After all, it’s in attack where the Etihad Stadium outfit are strongest. Sergio Aguero remains one of the most feared strikers in the Premier League, while a supporting cast of Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane and Bernardo Silva make this City team so good in the final third.
- Arsenal players expected to feature in the 2022 World Cup
- Arsenal’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Arsenal Transfer News – Pursuit of Man City’s Gabriel Jesus dealt major blow
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions