Manchester United are reportedly ready to compete with local rivals Manchester City for the signing of Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez.
According to The Sun, Jose Mourinho’s side want to capitalise on the Chile international’s contract situation at the Emirates, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the Premier League season.
It’s suggested in the report that Sanchez would be able to command a signing on fee of £25 million if he left Arsenal and became a free agent. City were ready to cough around £60 million for him in the previous window.
However, he remained at the Emirates Stadium and looks ready to see out his Arsenal contract.
The desire from Arsenal refusing to sell Sanchez is understandable, as the former Barcelona forward’s one of the most dangerous footballers in the Premier League. Last season, he was a regular scorer of goals while creating many chances for the team, bringing an incision and inventiveness to the Gunners’ play.
After a summer of international commitments and intense transfer speculation, Sanchez has slotted back into the Gunners’ 2017-18 plans.
According to the above-mentioned British source, some associated with City were “surprised” that manager Pep Guardiola was so keen to sign Sanchez.
After all, it’s in attack where the Etihad Stadium outfit are strongest. Sergio Aguero remains one of the most feared strikers in the Premier League, while a supporting cast of Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane and Bernardo Silva make this City team so good in the final third.
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal: FA Cup Third Round Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang OUT, Dusan Vlahovic IN – How Could Arsenal’s January Transfer Campaign Play Out?
- Arsenal’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Arsenal Transfer Targets For January 2022
- Arsenal vs Southampton: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s top-four chances this season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Leicester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview & Predicted Line-ups