The Uruguayan joined the North London club in the summer of 2018 but has spent this season on loan at Atletico Madrid. The midfielder has made 22 appearances so far and has been a key part of the Spanish club’s success as they look to clinch the league title.
Ricardo Torreira has revealed that Lucas is suffering alone in Europe due to the loss of his mother. The midfielder has a dream of playing for the Argentine giants and his father reiterated this as he told TycSports:
“When you lose a person as happened to us, so dear, you realise that life passes you by the other side. If Lucas wants to come to Boca, let him come.”
The midfielder lost his mother in the month of March due to COVID and had asked his manager Diego Simeone for some time off. And speaking about his desire to play for Boca, Torreira had this to tell ESPN:
“I don’t want to play in Europe anymore, I want to play for Boca. I will do it for my father I want to be close to my home, my family. I have a contract at Arsenal and I am on loan at Atletico but I want to go to Boca. I hope the clubs can agree.”
When the 25-year-old joined the Emirates club from Sampdoria, it looked like the North Londoners had found the missing piece of their midfield jigsaw. But it has not really worked out and as a result, he was offloaded to Spain on loan.
It remains to be seen if Boca Juniors are willing to pay the price that the Gunners will demand and that might prove to be a stumbling block. Given that the midfielder arrived in England for somewhere around £26m, there is a good chance that the North London club will expect a solid fee.
There is no doubt over the talent and desire that Torreira possesses. It is a pity that things did not work out for him at Arsenal. From the comments, it is clear that the midfielder has his heart set out on a move and the best thing would be to let him go this summer.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups