Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira joined Atletico Madrid on a loan deal earlier this summer and the 24-year-old is already looking for a permanent move away from the club.
It seems that the defensive midfielder has not managed to adapt to life in England and his family has been struggling to settle in as well.
Torreira seems to be enjoying his time in Madrid and he is hoping to make the move permanent by impressing Diego Simeone with his performances this season.
There is no doubt that the 24-year-old Uruguayan midfielder is a quality player with immense potential and it will be interesting to see if the Spanish club can get the best out of him in the coming months.
Atletico Madrid have lost the lights of Rodri and Partey over the last few seasons and they could use a technically gifted defensive midfielder like Torreira.
A permanent move to Spain might help his family settle in because of cultural and language similarities.
It will be interesting to see if Atletico Madrid decide to make the move permanent next summer. Arsenal will be looking to recoup most of what they paid for the player in 2018 as well.
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers