Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney is all set to miss the Premier League clash with Manchester City after being ordered to self isolate for two weeks.
As per the official Arsenal website, Southampton player Stuart Armstrong tested positive for Coronavirus on international duty and as a result of that, the likes of Tierney will also have to follow the guidelines as he was in close contact with his compatriot.
It will be interesting to see how Arsenal cope without the young left back against Manchester City. Tierney has been a superb signing for them so far and Arteta will certainly miss his quality in the next game.
However, the international break means that the player is unlikely to miss multiple games and that is the only positive in this situation.
Kieran Tierney has released a statement regarding the situation and he said: “I’m so disappointed and frustrated to be in this situation. I have adhered to all regulations and made sure I was socially distancing from my team mates in the hotel. I’ve also tested negative. I know Arsenal and the SFA are now in discussions with the Scottish authorities to gain a further understanding.”
Other Premier League clubs are suffering because of the positive tests in the recent weeks and it remains to be seen how the situation unfolds now.
The likes of Liverpool have lost Xherdan Shaqiri, Sadio Mane and Thiago Alcantara after positive tests recently.
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes