Arsenal will look to sign the Chelsea midfielder Jorginho before the transfer window closes.
The Gunners tried to sign Houssem Aouar from Lyon but the French club are not willing to cash in on the midfielder at this stage of the window anymore.
Jorginho is well-settled at Chelsea and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can persuade them to sell the former Napoli star.
The 28-year-old could prove to be a quality addition to Arteta’s midfield. The Gunners need a midfield controller like him and Jorginho would be the ideal partner for someone like Xhaka.
Arsenal have already signed Willian from Chelsea this summer and it will be interesting to see if they can tempt the Italian international to to move to the Emirates too.
Jorginho would add calmness and composure to Arsenal’s play. His ability to recycle the possession and set the tempo of the game could transform Arsenal’s midfield.
Arsenal need to bring in a quality midfielder to truly challenge for a top four spot this year and the 28-year-old Chelsea ace could make a big difference for them.
- European Super League – For greed or development?
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters