Arsenal’s Costa Rica striker looks set to make a permanent to La Liga after spending a season on loan in Spain.
Joel Campbell had an encouraging World Cup in Brazil for his country Costa Rica and he made a big impression on the world stage especially in the victory over Uruguay in the group stages, it was thought that he would play a big part leading into the 2014-15 season but has found first team opportunities hard to come by at the Emirates.
Campbell has spent a large part of this season on loan at La Liga side Villareal and looks like his Arsenal career could be coming to an end, There is a percentage of the Arsenal fan-base that believe the 22 year old has not been given a fair crack of the whip but it looks as if Arsenal are willing to cut their losses with Real Sociedad favourites for the striker’s signature.
David Moyes who is currently weighing up a £6 million bid for the Arsenal man is believed to be looking to play Campbell alongside former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela and end Campbell‘s short but frustrating career at the Emirates.
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison
- Arsenal agree contract extension with Emile Smith Rowe
- Tammy Abraham to Arsenal: Do the Gunners need him?
- Arsenal cancel pre-season trip to US
- Lesson from pre-season: What did Arsenal learn?
- Mikel Arteta reacts to draw against Rangers
- An overview on Arsenal’s Scotland preseason tour- player ratings for both games
- Three Premier League clubs interested in Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal predicted line-up against Rangers