Arsenal’s Costa Rica striker looks set to make a permanent to La Liga after spending a season on loan in Spain.
Joel Campbell had an encouraging World Cup in Brazil for his country Costa Rica and he made a big impression on the world stage especially in the victory over Uruguay in the group stages, it was thought that he would play a big part leading into the 2014-15 season but has found first team opportunities hard to come by at the Emirates.
Campbell has spent a large part of this season on loan at La Liga side Villareal and looks like his Arsenal career could be coming to an end, There is a percentage of the Arsenal fan-base that believe the 22 year old has not been given a fair crack of the whip but it looks as if Arsenal are willing to cut their losses with Real Sociedad favourites for the striker’s signature.
David Moyes who is currently weighing up a £6 million bid for the Arsenal man is believed to be looking to play Campbell alongside former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela and end Campbell‘s short but frustrating career at the Emirates.
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract