According to several newspapers yesterday including the Telegraph Arsenal are the frontrunners for Manchester City midfielder James Milner this Summer when his contract expires. Milner has reportedly expressed a desire to make the switch to the Emirates after Manchester City failed to give the England international the guarantees that he was after.
The former Aston Villa midfielder has featured 27 times in the Premier League this season scoring 3 times with 6 assists, he has been in good form for Man City playing in a multitude of positions including holding midfield, on the wing and even as a Striker.
Milner has also created 41 chances, won 38 tackles and has a pass completion rate of 81% all this points to the potential of signing the City midfielder on a free transfer as a no brainer.
The one question would be where would he fit into the Arsenal squad? Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini have failed to impress this season and there days could be numbered at the Emirates and with the emergence of Francis Coquelin it would be sensible to have Milner as a back up option for the holding midfield role.
Milner can be an effective player when utilised in the right way he is the type of combative midfielder that Arsenal need not only that he has vast experience at the top level which would only benefit the likes of Coquelin, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
According to the Sun newspaper Milner has already made up his mind and they are suggesting it is already a done deal, with talks of Arsenal looking to go big again this Summer it would be a sensible addition to add some much need steel and experience to the squad.
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion
- Martinelli has a ‘bright future’ at Arsenal claims Mikel Arteta
- What can Arsenal do about their right-back situation?
- Arsenal targeting Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard
- Arsenal keen on signing Brazilian youngster Matheus Martinelli
- Arsenal can sign Houssem Aouar on one condition, claims journalist
- Paris Saint-Germain interested in Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin
- Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun close to signing new contract