Arsenal have completed the signing of Goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea for a fee thought to be worth around £10.8m. He could make his first appearance for Arsenal against his former team when they face each other in the community shield on the 2nd of August.
Talks began for the Chelsea keeper after he became frustrated at the lack of playing opportunities that he had received in the previous season and he desired a move close to home so Arsenal was the perfect choice for him.
Mourinho on the other hand was reluctant to let Cech go to a rival club and stated in a recent interview that he would prefer to keep him but the decision wasn’t his to make. It’s a big loss for Chelsea as he has been fantastic for the duration of his career there but he is too good to be sitting on their bench.
The addition of Cech to the team could see the departure of Ospina to Fenerbahce or Szczesny who has been out of favour with Wenger since January could be on his way out of of the club. Most fans will be hoping the latter will be leaving after his string of bad performances coupled with bad behaviour during the season.
It is a fantastic signing for Arsenal as we have missed the presence of a strong number one since Jens Lehmann left the club. It will improve the team no end and they will finally stop conceding so many goals each season. He is one of the best keepers in the world and he still has plenty more to give, his preciseness and attention to detail is what we crave from a keeper but haven’t had for years, he will increase the number of clean sheets at the club and hopefully help strengthen up the defence too.
Arsenal have finally signed a world class shot stopper capable of taking them to the next level, he is a league winner and eager for success. All that remains to be said is:
Welcome to Arsenal Petr Cech
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target
- Atletico Madrid interested in signing Alexandre Lacazette
- Arsenal’s midfield dilemma: What can be done?
- Arsenal transfer round-up: Ramsdale, White
- The striker dilemma at Arsenal
- Arsenal beat Milwall behind closed doors: Match report and Player Ratings
- Five alternatives Arsenal can sign instead of James Maddison