Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla could be on his way back to first-team just after Christmas following a long time sidelined with injury.
The Spaniard has registered just nine appearances in the past two years due to an achilles injury. However, according to the Daily Star, Arsene Wenger is hopeful Cazorla can return to full-fitness just after the turn of the year.
The Frenchman said: “The first signs are positive but still he has not played for one and a half years. It won’t be before Christmas.”
Wenger added: “He is not in full training yet, he needs a few games with the reserve team. So I think if all goes well, it will be after Christmas.”
We have missed the talent of Cazorla on the field and it’s clear that the Spaniard brings something special to the squad – we had feared that he would never play for Arsenal again with his contract set to expire at the end of this season.
However, if Cazorla has recovered from injury at the end of the calendar year, he can get back to his best and a contract extension could on cards for him.
I will be extremely happy to hear of Santi Cazorla returning to the first-team – he could be just what we need to bring back some composure on the field and get our side back to confident football and winning ways. COYG!!!
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight