Arsenal have been dealt another injury blow after David Ospina was ruled out of Arsenal’s Champion’s League game versus Anderlecht this week.
Ospina has had a thigh injury niggling since the World Cup finished and has rested it once since joining the Gunners but the injury has flared up again. This seems to be a worrying issue for Arsene who is no stranger to buying injured players in recent years but Ospina is having real trouble recovering from this thigh problem.
Wenger commented on this issue in September when speaking to HITC
“Ospina has a little thigh problem. He won’t be available. I cannot tell you when he will play but he is in a position where he has to fight for his position” said Wenger. “I like him as a goalkeeper because he’s intelligent, he’s quick and has shown that he can adapt. I hope in the future he can show his qualities.”
The injury will result in Emiliano Martinez stepping into goal and making his debut for the club as Wojeich Szczesny is suspended due to a red card in the game against Galatasary.
Martinez joined Arsenal 4 years ago and only appeared in a handful of games. He now gets his chance to shine for the Gunners and hopefully he can prove he has what it takes to be a first team goalkeeper because we nee one of them right now.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight