Arsenal have been dealt another injury blow after David Ospina was ruled out of Arsenal’s Champion’s League game versus Anderlecht this week.
Ospina has had a thigh injury niggling since the World Cup finished and has rested it once since joining the Gunners but the injury has flared up again. This seems to be a worrying issue for Arsene who is no stranger to buying injured players in recent years but Ospina is having real trouble recovering from this thigh problem.
Wenger commented on this issue in September when speaking to HITC
“Ospina has a little thigh problem. He won’t be available. I cannot tell you when he will play but he is in a position where he has to fight for his position” said Wenger. “I like him as a goalkeeper because he’s intelligent, he’s quick and has shown that he can adapt. I hope in the future he can show his qualities.”
The injury will result in Emiliano Martinez stepping into goal and making his debut for the club as Wojeich Szczesny is suspended due to a red card in the game against Galatasary.
Martinez joined Arsenal 4 years ago and only appeared in a handful of games. He now gets his chance to shine for the Gunners and hopefully he can prove he has what it takes to be a first team goalkeeper because we nee one of them right now.
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups