Former Arsenal star Ian Wright believes that the London club should look to sign Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar.
It is evident that Arsenal are lacking in creativity in the midfield and someone like Houssem Aouar could prove to be a superb addition.
Arsenal were heavily linked with the 22 year old during the summer transfer window but the two clubs failed to agree on a fee in the end.
Wright said: ‘If he (Arteta) can continue to improve, like players improve with his coaching, and then he’s then able to add to that with Aouar, who they’re trying to get in the midfield alongside Partey, then you’ve got someone who can create for the forwards.”
The Gunners have managed to put together a talented squad under Arteta but they need to address the lack of creativity in their site if they want to challenge for the Premier League.
Houssem Aouar would add craft and imagination to Arteta’s midfield and he could help the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang score freely.
It is highly unlikely that the French club will sanction the midfielder’s departure in January and therefore Arsenal might have to wait until the summer transfer window to secure his services.
They won’t be the only club vying for Houssem Aouar’s signature in the summer and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can fend off the competition and get the deal across the line.
- Can Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League after Tottenham fiasco?
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Southampton vs Arsenal Preview & Arsenal Transfer News Updates
- Arsenal April 2022 Preview: Chelsea and Man Utd stand in way of top-four finish
- Saka’s goalscoring record, Arsenal’s improved away form and Leno’s form
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal: Preview, Team News, Line-ups and Prediction￼
- Arsenal’s March 2022 Schedule & Predictions
- Lionel Messi heaps praise on Arsenal-linked Lautaro Martinez
- Arsenal Told to Let Alexandre Lacazette’s Contract Run Out
- Arsenal vs Burnley: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups