Former Arsenal star Ian Wright believes that the London club should look to sign Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar.
It is evident that Arsenal are lacking in creativity in the midfield and someone like Houssem Aouar could prove to be a superb addition.
Arsenal were heavily linked with the 22 year old during the summer transfer window but the two clubs failed to agree on a fee in the end.
Wright said: ‘If he (Arteta) can continue to improve, like players improve with his coaching, and then he’s then able to add to that with Aouar, who they’re trying to get in the midfield alongside Partey, then you’ve got someone who can create for the forwards.”
The Gunners have managed to put together a talented squad under Arteta but they need to address the lack of creativity in their site if they want to challenge for the Premier League.
Houssem Aouar would add craft and imagination to Arteta’s midfield and he could help the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang score freely.
It is highly unlikely that the French club will sanction the midfielder’s departure in January and therefore Arsenal might have to wait until the summer transfer window to secure his services.
They won’t be the only club vying for Houssem Aouar’s signature in the summer and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can fend off the competition and get the deal across the line.
- Mikel Arteta impressed with on-loan Arsenal youngster
- Mikel Arteta speaks out on team selection and Eddie Nketiah after Fulham draw
- Mikel Arteta offers injury update on Alexandre Lacazette
- Mikel Arteta vs Unai Emery – A comparison
- Ian Wright identifies perfect partner for Thomas Partey at Arsenal
- Granit Xhaka: Unexpected answer to Arsenal’s left-back crisis
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Lucas Torreira is desperate to join Boca Juniors
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo