Former Arsenal star Ian Wright believes that the London club should look to sign Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar.
It is evident that Arsenal are lacking in creativity in the midfield and someone like Houssem Aouar could prove to be a superb addition.
Arsenal were heavily linked with the 22 year old during the summer transfer window but the two clubs failed to agree on a fee in the end.
Wright said: ‘If he (Arteta) can continue to improve, like players improve with his coaching, and then he’s then able to add to that with Aouar, who they’re trying to get in the midfield alongside Partey, then you’ve got someone who can create for the forwards.”
The Gunners have managed to put together a talented squad under Arteta but they need to address the lack of creativity in their site if they want to challenge for the Premier League.
Houssem Aouar would add craft and imagination to Arteta’s midfield and he could help the likes of Lacazette and Aubameyang score freely.
It is highly unlikely that the French club will sanction the midfielder’s departure in January and therefore Arsenal might have to wait until the summer transfer window to secure his services.
They won’t be the only club vying for Houssem Aouar’s signature in the summer and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can fend off the competition and get the deal across the line.
- North London Derby performance a cause for celebration
- Arsenal vs Tottenham: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Provisional Line-ups
- How And Where To Bet On Arsenal
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight