Arsenal crashed to a 1-0 defeat against Manchester City in the Premier League yesterday but former Gunners star Ian Wright was left impressed with the performances of Dani Ceballos, Gabriel and Bukayo Saka.
He said (via Football London): “A couple of Arsenal players played well today, I thought Saka did well, [as did] Ceballos and Gabriel.”
Raheem Sterling scored the only goal of the game on the 23rd minute but Arsenal did well to put pressure on the home side throughout the game.
The Gunners have improved a lot since the arrival of Mikel Arteta and they have done well against several top teams in the last few months.
The Spaniard will be reasonably pleased with his team’s performance against a squad like Manchester City and it will be interesting to see if Arsenal can continue to develop and improve in the coming months.
Gabriel signed for the London giants earlier this summer and he has been quite impressive in the Premier League so far.
Arsenal needed to improve their defensive unit at the start of the season an Arteta will be delighted with how well Gabriel has settled in so far.
Ceballos has looked good since his return to the club as well. At times, he has looked like the only creator in Arsenal’s midfield. He managed to add some craft to the Gunners’ play yesterday.
Similarly, Saka has shown his prodigious talent so far and he will only get better with experience.
- Arsenal vs Norwich City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Arsenal’s chances of winning a cup trophy this season
- Arsenal’s September 2021 Fixtures preview
- Manchester City vs Arsenal: Premier League Preview
- Arsenal shouldn’t think twice about moving deadwood
- Lacklustre debut reaffirms need for creativity
- Arsenal reportedly interested in Bruno Guimarães: A further insight
- Arsenal 4-1 Watford: Match report and Player Ratings
- Arsenal interested in signing Inter Milan striker
- Former Arsenal player urges club to sign Manchester United target