Today the government rejected Everton’s plans to move the club into a new 50,000-seat stadium in Kirkby.
Everton chief executive, Robert Elstone, today suggested that Everton would welcome a shared stadium with local rivals Liverpool.
Why not, It works for AC and Inter Milan….
From a financial standpoint, Liverpool and Everton would both benefit from a new shared stadium.
And the city of Liverpool would have a super 90.000 stadium on par with Wembley.
But what about the fans?
I started to think about this today, What if Spurs, who are looking to have a stadium revamp were to come to the Emirates and pay off some of our debt? How would i feel about sharing a ground with the people I hate?
Well, Football is no long about the fans, its about making money so I feel the members of the board would jump at the chance. But from a fans point of you I would just hate it. Its almost like asking me if I would share my wife… I cant think of anything worst as a football fan then to have no home that you can call your own.
How would you feel?….. Join our forum ( HERE )
- Breaking down Brentford vs Arsenal – betting insights & predictions
- A Must-Win London Derby – Arsenal Predicted Lineup and Preview vs Brentford
- Arsenal players in the international break
- Arsenal expected to make winning return to Champions League
- Arsenal’s Number 14 Shirt: Who Has Worn It and How Have They Fared?
- Arsenal flop Nicolas Pepe set to join Trabzonspor
- Arsenal this weekend: Man United set to visit the Emirates & transfers to expect before deadline day
- Will Arsenal Be Able to Keep Hold of Mikel Arteta?
- 3 players that Arsenal should target before the transfer window closes
- Preview: Arsenal vs Fulham – prediction, team news, line-ups