Today the government rejected Everton’s plans to move the club into a new 50,000-seat stadium in Kirkby.
Everton chief executive, Robert Elstone, today suggested that Everton would welcome a shared stadium with local rivals Liverpool.
Why not, It works for AC and Inter Milan….
From a financial standpoint, Liverpool and Everton would both benefit from a new shared stadium.
And the city of Liverpool would have a super 90.000 stadium on par with Wembley.
But what about the fans?
I started to think about this today, What if Spurs, who are looking to have a stadium revamp were to come to the Emirates and pay off some of our debt? How would i feel about sharing a ground with the people I hate?
Well, Football is no long about the fans, its about making money so I feel the members of the board would jump at the chance. But from a fans point of you I would just hate it. Its almost like asking me if I would share my wife… I cant think of anything worst as a football fan then to have no home that you can call your own.
How would you feel?….. Join our forum ( HERE )
- Arsenal vs Fulham preview: buoyant Gunners plot march up the league table
- Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson: The Forgotten Arsenal Youngsters
- ‘It is a joy to watch’, Mikel Arteta praises Arsenal duo
- Arsenal’s hope of playing European football next season hangs by a thread
- Europa League preview: Slavia Prague vs Arsenal
- Leno: ‘I am open for new adventures’
- Arsenal enter race to sign Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard
- Can Arsenal finish in the top 6?
- Alexandre Lacazette steps up for Arsenal against Sheffield United
- Arsenal cruise past Sheffield United in impressive fashion